11/30/11

Weekday R&R: Holiday Food Tripping at JT's Manukan Grille

Today is the 30th day of November and it's a definite "rave-y" Wednesday for me. Wondering why? First of all, it's a non-working holiday today as the country is commemorating Andres Bonifacio's 148th natal day. It is absolutely a great treat as we take a one-day breather from the hectic holiday rush. Secondly, majority of the work force are loaded since it's also a payday. Let's not forget, most of us might have already received the government-mandated 13th month pay. Summarizing this in one equation would be: no work + moolah = a great time!

My tita was our first house visitor this sunny holiday. She really wanted to go to Tagaytay today but the idea came in late at 11 am. I know for a fact that if we pushed through with the spur-of-the-moment trip it would be tiresome instead of a relaxing one. I am familiar with the average travel time since I am a frequent SLEX traveler. I am certain if we left the house at past 11 am, there is no way we can make the most out of the long trip.

So instead of drowning ourselves with movie reruns on cable TV, JF and I together with my brother and his wife decided to dine out for dinner. No, we didn't have something fancy in mind just to make the day more special. Also, a shopping spree is far from my mind since I want to better manage my holiday cash gifts this year as compared to those in the past. (Read a related entry which talks about managing your cash gifts this season.) Instead, we opted to satisfy ourselves with a typical Pinoy comfort food - it's no less than Chicken Inasal for dinner!

A taste of authentic Bacolod Chicken Inasal

It's not my first time at JT's Manukan Grille. JF and I have been usual customers at their San Juan branch. Each time we visit the Greenhills Shopping Center, eating at this casual dining restaurant is always included in our to-do list. For tonight, our wandering taste buds brought us to their ABS-CBN branch.

A taste of showbiz trivia at JT's


Owned by the famous multi-awarded actor, Joel Torre, it is by far one of the tastiest Inasal I've ever tried. The walls adorned with movie and stage play posters obviously tell diners that the person who owns the place is someone who loves showbiz or someone who's a showbiz celebrity himself.

JT's Bacolod Caramel Tarts


Not only do they serve flavorful chicken, but they also serve grilled chicken "insides" such as liver and gizzard. It is also from my JT's dining experience that I even discovered that corazons are yummy as well. Don't forget to have a taste of their Kansi or Kaldo to complete the taste of Bacolod cuisine. And oh, another discovery added to my list... their Caramel Tarts are also oh so delish!

Although the price is not that expensive, it is still not competitive as compared to a fast-rising Chicken Inasal fastfood chain. You may position it in between the affordable fastfoods and the not-so-expensive serviced restaurants. However, once you have a taste of their food offerings, I am sure you wouldn't mind the amount on your bill. Being one of Manila's authentic Bacolod Chicken Inasal restos, JT's will not fail you in terms of value for your money.

Food tripping at JT's


I'm not sure if you'll agree, but you really don't need to spend a fortune just to give your family an awesome time. Yes, it would be a whole lot different if you can allow them to enjoy extravagantly. However, given our fast-paced lives, sharing pleasantries and having them around amidst the simplicity is one of the many occasions you can treasure that would last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment