11/26/11

Calling for Support: Social Media Users' Day of Action Against Child Abuse

I blogged a few days ago how disgusted I was with obscene content posted by some Facebook users (read about it here). I was afraid SJ, who would just use FB to play some games, might be able to come across these trash. How I wish I could stop the widespread of such rubbish, but unfortunately the world wide web is too big for me to handle. Feeling Supergirl, eh?!


The sisterly stare down: SI vs. SJ
photo by Ate G


As my mom would always tell me before, "Walang hinangad na masama ang magulang para sa kanyang mga anak." Now, I understand what it means down to the core. Not only do I want to provide a comfortable life and all the best stuff for the girls but I also want to be sure that they are safe what ever they do and where ever they are. And needless to say, given the technology we have now, the internet poses safety risks even to our precious little ones.

This morning as I viewed my Twitter timeline, I saw a spark of hope that somehow drove away my worries. I learned that today is the Social Media Users' Day of Action Against Child Abuse. It is great to know there are other individuals who feel the same way as I do. Most definitely, I would love to be a part of such advocacy.


From the event's Facebook page


As posted on their Facebook event page, here's what this day is all about:


"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. We know it happens. We know we can stop it. We are not powerless.


As a FACEBOOK, TWITTER, GOOGLE PLUS User, you can HELP. Join the SOCIAL MEDIA USERS' DAY OF ACTION AGAINST CHILD ABUSE.


Show your solidarity with victims and survivors of child abuse and exploitation. Show your support of NGOs, government agencies, people's organizations, baranggay volunteers, police officers and others working to prevent and address incidences of abuse.


Join the first ever Social Media Users' Day of Action on 26 Nov. 2011 and be a voice for the millions of Filipino children suffering abuse in silence..."

It is also listed in the said page how you can help in your own way. You may also check out the Para Sa Mga Bata Citizens Network website. For sure, there is no need to be a Supergirl to take part of such noble cause. 

2 comments:

Baby Cries said...

Don't be rubbish to post child abuse. Child is very innocent toy for love. Don't criticize their innocence.

Bambie Bernardo-Buen said...

Hi, Baby Cries! Child abuse is a complete no-no. Kids only deserve love and care. Thanks for reading my blog. :)

Post a Comment