10/15/11

What's App: Baby Flash Cards from eFlashApps

I would like to think I am a techie. Not because I am well-versed in tinkering with any software or hardware. I just enjoy using every piece of gadget that I have. As a matter of fact, I've had my iPhone for almost two years now and model upgrades later, I am still using it. I don't think I'll find a better phone than this.. well, except for a newer model but that's not in mind at the moment.

The latest "toy" I bought was also an Apple gadget which is the iPad 2. It took me several days dreaming about it. My husband, JF, told me if I really need it and I can pay for it, then by all means, I should buy it. Though I haven't given much thought on JF's words of wisdom, I bought it without hesitation. Now, not only do I love my iPhone but I also love my iPad 2 as much. Little girls, 9-year-old SJ and 4-month-old SI both feel the same way as I do. Yes, that's right. My 4-month-old has her own set of apps too!

The first set of apps I downloaded from iTunes are baby friendly. Never did I knew that moms nowadays do utilize the iPad to entertain their kids. I found the eFlashApps' Baby Flash Cards app very nice. So did SI. You can see her ear-to-ear smile as soon as she hears the word "APPLE" until the last flash card "ZUCHINNI." I am so entertained in return.

Baby Flash Cards start-up screen grabbed from their website


The pictures are in high-resolution. The diction of the speaker is just perfect. You can even set the options into a game format wherein you will choose which picture corresponds to the word mentioned by the speaker. This is definitely great for parent-child interaction. Real sounds are also incorporated in some of the pictures, such as that for an ambulance.

With only a minimal requirement of 18.2MB memory, you will be delighted that your child will get to learn 450+ words! SI is still in the food items category and a little on the animals category. Hopefully, we'll go through all the categories, such as alphabet, transportation, numbers, colors and shapes, clothing, household items, body parts, outdoor items, music instruments/arts and learning, in a few months time. Baby Flash Cards 2 is also next in line. I will not be surprised if my little girl would learn how to speak (with an American accent) before she turns one.


YouTube Video: App Demo from a 2-Year Old Girl


And the best part of all, it's FREE! For those who can't tolerate popping ads, you can upgrade to the paid version.  

Download yours now and have long hours of fun with your kid with this app. I know I do.

2 comments:

Mother and Educator said...

Wonderful review, great app! Thanks!

Bambie Bernardo-Buen said...

Hi Mother and Educator,

I am glad to know you appreciated my review. Thanks for reading.

Post a Comment