11/15/11

Weekday R&R: Grammar Tutor for the Sign Maker

Ever since I started mudraesque, blogging has always been on my mind. I can't stop thinking what would be an interesting topic not only for me but for my readers as well. However, since I am your regular working mom, the most that I can commit is to post content only during weekends. So, you might be wondering what am I doing here right now... it's only a Tuesday!

There is no way to cure my urge to write other than this. So, I've decided to come up with a series of weekday entries which I will call "Weekday R&R." You might instantly think that R&R stands for "Rest & Recreation." That is not the case because I definitely can not afford to enjoy that type of R&R on a weekday. For this purpose, R&R would most likely be "Rants & Raves" instead. 

Let's start, shall we?

As a debut, I will be sharing with you a sign I came across last Monday.


What the...?!?? In capital letters pa, huh?!?!!


It says: "FOR THOSE PARKER - This open slot is prohibited for those parker to park in this area, it may caused damage both <-_inside_> parker and car owner to be exit......................."

This is found in a specific spot in all levels of a well-known Makati building. I was about to take the slot but then, I noticed the sign. It took me around three minutes figuring out what it meant until I gave up. I just can't fathom what was written. With much disgust, I just looked for another slot just to make sure my car would be safe and secure.

It is unbelievable to see this in such a posh building. If I am not mistaken, prestigious companies, including a leading car manufacturer, have their offices in the said skyscraper. Tenants do not only include Pinoys but foreigners as well, thereby, living up to the word international in its official name. 

It is just a shame that a structure with a distinction of being the second tallest building in the country could not put up a small sign that can convey a message. It would be way better to see a simple NO PARKING sign instead. Building admin, please take these signs down immediately. I beg you, don't aggravate Makati traffic with this eye sore.

2 comments:

abril3 said...

hey mare! nice blog..

nakakatawa ung sign! Ang funny! Email Mr. Ty para patanggal nya personally hehe

Bambie Bernardo-Buen said...

Thanks for reading, mare! :)

Ang galing mo. You guessed it right. I usually park there pero last week ko lang nakita yang sign na yan. Seems like hindi ito na-grammar check ni Mr. Ty.

Post a Comment