1/2/12

Weekday R&R: Posh Dining at Dolcelatte

If you are looking for a cafe to go to aside from Starbucks and you are in the Quezon Avenue area, why not try Dolcelatte for a change?  I was fortunate to try out a few items in their menu since it was the venue of the 4-day seminar that I needed to attend to. I have to admit, I was delighted as soon as I stepped in. Located beside the C & E Bookshop (they are actually connected at the 2nd floor), one might get intimidated because of the classy facade and interiors. I am sure that you will not only love the ambiance but you will also love their menu just the same.

photo from GELOVINO


Aside from pastries and coffee, they also serve mouth-watering meals. The seminar attendees, including myself, would always look forward to meal time. Delicious snacks were served such as pasta and sandwiches. There were just two things I hoped for: (1) I wished that the pasta was served warm and (2) it should have been arranged on the plate in a neat and careful manner. Although I do not have any complaints with regards to the taste of the pasta, my plates seemed like they were prepared hurriedly with some sauce smudged on the edge of the plate and the Parmesan cheese scattered everywhere.

Lucky enough to try out pasta offerings of Dolcelatte


Lunch was arranged buffet-style with 2 main courses included. They also prepared a salad bar that went with the meal. Lunch was nothing less than deliciously filling! In my opinion, the whole dining experience in that cafe was somehow like having your meal in a posh restaurant of a hotel. Fancy would be a word to sum it all up.

Dolcelatte's Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Cookies

And oh, before you head out of the cafe, you might want to grab this bag of oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies. I haven't tried it but JF swears these were to die for.

Contact Details:

Dolcelatte
1616 Quezon Ave., South Triangle
Quezon City
Tel. Nos. 02.425.0313 loc 109 to 110

No comments:

Post a Comment