10/24/11

Halloween Festivities for Kids

JF and I, together with my brother and sis-in-law, went out for a quick Halloween costume shopping for the kids. I was asking them if they remember celebrating this festivity way back then. I really have no memory going out wearing a scary costume for trick-or-treat. The only Halloween celebration I remember was when I attended this Halloween Dance Party at school but nobody even wore an appropriate outfit for the occasion.


Halloween Kids Costumes at Toy Kingdom


It just fascinates me that this tradition is already adapted by Pinoys. I've seen the crowded aisles of Toy Kingdom where parents search for the best costumes they could ever find for their young ones. It is also surprising that the assortment of kids' costumes has grown. Before, stores would only carry simple ones but now, you'll be amazed by the elaborate stuff they have on sale. Not to mention, the wide collection of accessories such as wings, wigs, hats, etc. You can definitely transform your kid into a (cute) scary creature!

Despite the fact that it puzzles me how this event has blended into the Pinoy culture, of course, we don't want our kiddos to be left behind. We will be trick-or-treating this weekend although we aren't exactly sure where to go to. Anyway, we have the list of trick-or-treat events and we'll just see where our feet would lead us. :)

Check out some of these places and have fun with your kids this Halloween:
  • Cartoon Network Halloween - SM Megamall Event Center, October 30
  • Nickelodeon Planet Scream - SM Mall of Asia Open Grounds, October 31
  • A Hallow Halloween - Dusit Thani Manila, October 30
  • No Tricks, All Treats - Robinsons Galleria and Robinsons Place Ermita, October 29
  • Mystical Halloween Experience - Manila Ocean Park Complex, October 29
  • Cirque du Rockwell, 100% Halloween Spectacle - Rockwell Tent, October 30
  • Once upon a Halloween - TriNoma, October 31
  • Come & Play, Halloween Children's Party - Discovery Suites, October 29

Like a child, I am excited too. Not because I want to go trick-or-treating but because I want to see my Vampire SJ and my Bat Girl SI. And also my Robin Hood nephew.

No comments:

Post a Comment